The annual PGR Conference organized by the School of Mechanical, Aerospace and Civil Engineering will be held this year on 26 March, 2015. The scope of this conference is mainly for second and third year PGR students to showcase their achievements and research highlights and present their work to the wider community. This conference will be a platform to represent your chosen disciplines with an emphasis on academic excellence based on research, discovery, innovation and collaboration with industry.
To celebrate the event the attendees are invited to a social event and award ceremony. In addition to gaining recognition, experience and an important addition to the CV, the selected finalists can expect to take home a certificate of achievement and cash prizes.
- Date 30th January 2015, Abstract submission deadline
- Date 13th February 2015, Notification of acceptance
- Date 6th March 2015, Final papers due
We look forward to receive your one page A4 abstracts by 30th January 2015, submission can be done using the joint email account for the PGR conference. Account name is PGRmaceshowcase@manchester.ac.uk.
The conference includes but is not limited to the following specific disciplines:
- Advanced Flow Diagnostics
- Built Environment
- Coastal Processes
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Construction Science
- Dynamics and Aeroelasticity
- Energy and Multiphysics
- Engineering Design and Optimisation
- Experimental Aerodynamics
- Geotechnics; Impact and Explosion
- Management of Projects
- Marine Energy
- Nuclear Graphite
- Maintenance and Safety
- Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics (SPH)
- Structures and Fire and Turbulence Mechanics
Resource groups and Scientific Committee for the conference will be supported by: