At the end of the course all MSc direct taught and distance learning students will have to complete a dissertation project. Here you can find some examples of past dissertations projects.
The following project titles give a flavour of the range of recently completed dissertations:
- Development of a condition monitoring system for Ashaka Cement PLC
- The Modelling of Maintenance Technician Resource Requirements for a Biopharmaceutical Facility
- A project approach to implementing planned preventative maintenance
- A computer-aided introduction to the WAGR maintenance management data structures
- Cellular manufacturing and the maintenance function
- Plant history - maintenance policy feedback loop
- Improving manufacturing productivity via condition based maintenance
- Measuring maintenance performance: a structured approach
- Application of condition monitoring to manufacturing equipment
- Model-based condition monitoring of electro-hydraulic servo valve
- A comparison of surface vibration and airborne acoustic monitoring capabilities
Projects for full-time students are often linked to current research programmes in the Engineering dynamics research specialism.