Research in this area is highly inter-disciplinary. A range of biological and engineering techniques are used in each of the following ongoing projects:
- development of novel methods to evaluate mechanical properties of cancer cells.
- effect of skin tension on the formation of keloid scars.
- use of photodynamic therapy in the treatment of keloid scarring.
- design of breast implant in order to reduce capsular contracture.
- use of Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR) to identify prostate cancer biomarker.