The School of Mechanical, Aerospace and Civil Engineering is highly successful in attracting sponsorship for research students, in particular from the research councils, industry, trusts and charities.
Studentships normally cover full payment of tuition fees plus a stipend for living expenses. The amount awarded is specified for each individual project. If you are interested in applying for a studentship please read the criteria very carefully to ensure that you are eligible for consideration before you apply.
Below is a list of organisations which offer funding to students of specific nationalities or gender. If any further information is required such as eligibility and criteria details please contact the organisation directly.
- LPDP Funding Indonesia - Full funding for students with Indonesian nationality, graduated from an accredited Indonesian university or an overseas university acknowledged by the Indonesian Higher Education Directorate (DIKTI), maximum age 40 (for PhD programme).
- UK-India Education and Research Initiative - UKREI. This is a major government funding initiative supported by the DfES, FCO and OSI.
- British Chevening Scholarships - These scholarships are prestigious awards funded by the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office given to students for study in any subject area but preference is given to postgraduate students or those with an established career.
- Commonwealth Scholarships - Postgraduate scholarships for Commonwealth students administered by the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU).
- Fulbright student Scholarships - Applicants from the United States can apply to the US-UK Fulbright Commission for a Fulbright Award.
- British Marshall Scholarships - Scholarships for high calibers graduate students from the US to study in the UK.
- British Federation of Women Graduates - Scholarships available for female postgraduate research students.
- Croucher Foundation - Scholarships for Hong Kong born students.
- Institute of Mechanical Engineers - for exceptional graduates from an accredited mechanical engineering degree programme.
- Global Education Program (GEP) - Russian government funding program that offers Russian citizens an opportunity to study at leading foreign higher education institutions.
- Postgrad Solutions now offer an Engineering bursary.
- Henry Lester Trust - Awards given to Chinese students (including those from Hong Kong) studying for a PhD.
There are many other organisations not included in this list that maybe able to offer support. Students should apply directly to the relevant organisation.