This is a rapidly growing research area within the theme of bio-engineering. The focus is on development of new devices as well as the improvement of existing technologies.
Why don't you come and join us?
This area of research explores:
- the effect of mechanical properties of cuff used in blood pressure monitoring.
- the development of smart clothes using MR fluids.
- smart ankle-foot orthosis (AFO).
- the development of surgical adhesive strips for wound closure.
- use of Ilizarov frames for the correction of clubfoot.