Research projects available
Recent student projectsThe PhD students are working on a range of projects, which reflect the multi-disciplinary ethos of our group. All projects are strategically aligned with the ‘complexity of risk’ agenda.
- Usman Jibrin’s (Year 4) research examines the impact of civil infrastructure projects on economic and social regeneration, Jenny Kwok (Year 4) meanwhile, has been working with Manchester Airport Group to improve infrastructure asset management systems and PAS-55 compliance using a risk-based approach.
- Khalil Dindarin (Year 2) is a senior project manager at Siemens and was responsible for delivering the Transpennine Express Class 185 trains – focusing on optimising risk management across complex portfolios.
- Elika Aminiam and Dania Issa (Year 2) are looking at risks associated with construction procurement; the latter student is focusing on risk allocation in PPP arrangements.
- Anas Bataw MRICS has recently joined the Risk Management specialisms to continue the work undertaken by Jenny Kwok – his work is looking at how asset management techniques interface with BIM as we approach Level 2 compliance set by the UK government.
- Wael Zidat (Year 1) is an engineer working for Weatherford International in Abu-Dhabi - he is looking at engineering projects ‘through the lens of complexity’.
- Wael is undertaking his research under a split-site agreement with our colleagues at The British University in Dubai.