Between the 2-3 February 2012, the third two-day SPH course for industry and academia was held at the School with guest speakers:
- Damien Violeau (EDF, France).
- Dr Jean-Christophe Marongiu (Andritz Hydrio, Swtizerland).
- Dr Alex Crespo (University of Vigo, Spain).
- Postgraduate student, Athanasios Mokos won the 3rd prize at the Annual MACE Postgraduate Research Conference, 14th December, for Best Student Presentation
- Fourth Training Day, SPHysics session run at 6th International SPHERIC Workshop, June, Hamburg, Germany
The release of the SPHysics codes took place in January 2011 :
- v2.2.1 Serial Code UPDATE RELEASED: January 2011
- v2.0 Parallel Code RELEASED: January 2011
- v1.2 DualSPHysics CPU-GPU Code RELEASED: May 2011
On the 8th -9th April 2011, Second 2-day SPH course held at the School with guest speakers:
- Damien Violeau (EDF, France),
- Dr Jean-Christophe Marongiu (Andritz Hydrio, Swtizerland),
- Dr Alex Crespo (University of Vigo, Spain)
- Dr Rogers, keynote speaker at LMCC Workshop on Fundamentals and applications of SPH in science and engineering October 25-26, 2010, Leuven, Belgium:
- MACE Student Martin Ferrand won the student prize at the 5th International SPHERIC Workshop for his paper entitled "Improved time scheme integration approach for dealing with semi analytical boundary conditions in SPARTACUS2D"
- 5th International SPHERIC Workshop on SPH held at University of Manchester, 23-25 June: Abstracts from Proceedings
- April 7-8, First 2-day SPH course held at School of MACE with guest speakers: Prof. Francis Leboeuf (ECL, France), Damien Violeau (EDF, France), Dr Rui Xu (Airbus, UK)
- October, v 2.2 of SPHysics released with Blender.
- January, v.2.0 of SPHysics released with many new features including kernel correction schemes, floating objects, Riemann solvers.
- June, Second Training Day, SPHysics session run at 4th International SPHERIC Workshop, Nantes, France
- February, v1.4 of SPHysics released.
- June, First Training Day run at 3rd International SPHERIC Workshop, Lausanne, Switzerland.
- April, v1.2 of SPHysics released.
- August, open-source code SPHysics released.
- Inaugural and founding meeting of SPH European Research Interest Community (SPHERIC), Manchester to host SPHERIC website