Research into delivering a sustainable built environment is of great importance, particularly as the duel challenges of improving energy efficiency whilst at the same time increasing resilience to climate impacts rise up the agenda.
Why don't you come and join us?
Our PhD projects available
Research within this specialism examines:
- buildings within a changing climate.
- energy in buildings.
- building structures.
- air flow in and around buildings.
- natural ventilation and low energy air conditioning.
- domestic energy, ventilation and condensation.
- electrical services and power quality.
- simulation and modelling of building and plant.
- laser applications in construction.
- fire suppression and smoke movement.
- occupant feedback and fuzzy logic control.