Mechanical Engineering PhD
View tabbed content | View all content (for printing)
- Online Application Form in which you should include details of your previous study, your research project title and the name of the academic member of staff you would like to supervise your research.
- Degree certificates and academic transcripts of previous university study. If your transcripts and certificates are in a language other than English, you must also provide an official translation.
- C.V. summarising your academic record and highlighting experience that demonstrates your capacity to conduct research.
- Research Proposal outlining your research project. This should include the title of the project, objectives of the research, methodology you will employ, a literature review, demonstration of your ability to conduct this research and the importance of this research.
Once we have received this documentation and if your qualifications meet our academic entry requirements, your application material will then be sent to your potential supervisor for consideration.
If the academic supervisor is interested in supervising your research, they will contact you to arrange an interview either in person or by Skype/telephone. The supervisor can then decide whether they wish to make you an offer of a place on the programme.
If your application is successful at this stage, we can issue a formal offer letter and request any additional documentation that is required, including:
- English Language qualification (if applicable) - IELTS greater than or equal to 6.5 (with no sub-test below 5.5).
- Two letters of reference provided by people who have knowledge of your academic ability. Reference letters must be written on official letter headed paper and be signed and dated by the referee (reference letters must be less than 1 year old).
All applications are considered once we receive an online application and supporting documents.
If you have any questions about the application process or about our entry requirements please do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to advise you further.