Postgraduate study at a world ranking university
Choose an exciting, hands-on engineering course in the world’s first industrial city.
Join our community of global innovators and be at the forefront of the next generation making world-changing, positive contributions to the future of humankind and the planet.
A master's in engineering will develop your knowledge - meaning you can apply your studies to major environmental and humanitarian concerns. What's more, a master's degree from our prestigious Department of Mechanical, Aerospace and Civil Engineering will bolster your prospects in today's jobs market.
We offer a range of MSc courses, developed alongside industrial and international engineering leaders, which are designed to both support research activities and meet industrial needs.
Places available for Autumn 2020
Looking to advance your career, deepen your expertise or get ahead in the job market?
Complete the form opposite and we'll be in touch with more information on what a taught master's at Manchester could look like for you - and how to apply for an October 2020 start.
Additionally, re-watch talks from our recent virtual open week, chat to our students and explore our virtual tours here, or use the finder below to find out more about the courses on offer, the funding available and how to apply.
- We are world-leading in research areas from computational fluid dynamics to how engineering impacts public policy
- 100% of our impact case studies are graded as "internationally excellent" or "world-leading" (3* or 4*) (REF 2014)
- We have almost 200 years' expertise in teaching engineering
- We have strong industrial links with Airbus, Rolls-Royce, EADS, Dstl, MBDA and ESTEC/ESA, and international partnerships including CARDC
Excellence in teaching
We will ensure you have access to the world-class teaching we are known for, in spite of the challenges brought by Covid-19 You can expect:
- To develop the expertise needed to create, improve and protect sustainable physical and natural built environments
- Access to world-leading research and how to apply this to deliver practical solutions to challenges facing modern industry
- Teaching from internationally renowned engineers and researchers
- Research-led courses ensuring excellent employability
Coronavirus and ensuring the highest-quality student experience
We are committed to ensuring you have the best possible student experience while you study with us. Over the next year we will encounter major challenges beyond our control but please know, Manchester is here for you. We will provide continuous support to ensure you have the platform to reach your potential.
Access to funding
The Faculty of Science and Engineering have developed a Postgraduate Loyalty Bursary for Alumni of the University. You can benefit from a loyalty bursary of up to £2,200 for any of our Faculty of Science and Engineering Postgraduate Taught or Research courses, paid to you automatically after registration. Terms and conditions apply. You can find out more about our loyalty bursary on our bursary page.
Discover the outstanding facilities you'll have access to as a postgraduate taught master's student.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact our postgraduate admissions team.